What To Expect With Quit Smoking Hypnosis Program:
Hypnosis is most well known over the decades for its success in helping people quit smoking. In fact, many of the clients who now come to hypnosis for a variety of reasons were introduced to this modality by using hypnosis to quit smoking. Some of these clients smoked three packs a day for thirty years and successfully quit in a few sessions.
What Medical Research Says About Quitting Smoking with Hypnosis:
"Our results showed that hypnotherapy resulted in higher quit rates compared with nicotine replacment alone," said Faysal Hasan, MD, FCCP, North Shore Medical Center, Salem, MA. "Hypnotherapy appears to be quite effective and a good modality to incorporate into a smoking cessation program after hospital discharge."
"Those who quit smoking with hypnosis were twice as likely to still be smoke-free in the follow up than those who quit on their own." Journal of Nursing Scholarhip 2005; 37-3; pages 245 - 250.
Does It Work:
Informal surveys performed by the Hypnosis Motivation Institute indicated that the long term success rate is 70% to 80%.
Quit Smoking Program Involves:
1. A phone consultation to determine your focus and ability to quit.
2. An in depth interview which isolates your motivations for smoking. By isolating whether you are a coping, habitual, nicotine, or pleasure smoker, we can then design smoking replacements suited for your set of motivations, as well as a hypnosis session tailor made for your subconscious mind. Very few if any stop smoking programs understand and evaluate the various motivations for smoking. The nicotine addiction is often a minor part.
3. In session, you will discuss your current understandings about hypnosis and any misperceptions or confusion will be clarified. In addition, your suggestibility will be tested and you will learn about Kappassinian hypnosis and why it works.
4. You will take a short break while the hypnotherapist digests all your questionnaire results into a specific program for your particular smoking and smoking cessation motivations.
5. You will then be hypnotized for an hour or more while your personalized quit smoking program is fed to your subconscious mind with you taking an active role.
6. After hypnosis, the hypnotherapist will cover a to do list for you which you will record and have as a reference when you return home.
Deborah Bird, C.Ht, MBA
Health Coach and Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
1501 SE Walton Blvd, Suite 201, Bentonville, 72712
840 N. Pollard Ave, Fayetteville, AR 72701
Testimonial: UNC Hospital Nurse Stops Smoking With Hypnosis
Challenge: Deborah wanted to quit smoking. She had started smoking cigarettes when she was sixteen years old.
What were your expectations about hypnosis?
“I was desperate to find anything at all that would work. Nothing had worked. I tried cold turkey, reducing gradually, Troche - the nicotine lozenges - which gave me heart palpitations, Chantrix, Wellbutrin. Most of these methods worked, but then I started smoking again.”
What do you think about the results of your hypnosis session?
“If I start thinking about smoking again I replay all the things we talked about in hypnosis, or I hit the anchor (tool to release cravings) you gave me and all the cravings go away.
How would you describe stop smoking with hypnosis to someone who is brand new to it? "Its easy and painless. All you need to do is to show up and use the tools…..be open minded and work through it. I didn’t know how it would work, but I was willing to give it a shot. I am so grateful. I couldn’t have done it without you."
Every client leaves with a backup plan for emotional turmoil and for smoking urges that may arise. Their subconscious minds are embedded with the two most common reasons for starting smoking again, along with a concrete step-by-step process for dealing with these challenges.